Monday, January 16, 2012

January Blahs!

I officially, dislike the month of January.  I would say HATE, but well, you know, I just can't bring myself to use such a harsh word. 

This month ticks away at such a slow pace.  I'm not going to warm spot until February.  BLAH!  Last year, I headed to Southern California at the end of January and it was wonderful.  I missed an epic blizzard at home, which made me a little sad.  I quickly, got over that when I was having lunch on the Pacific Ocean in Malibu.  Oh, did I mention, I was having lunch with my friend, Barbi!

It is now, gloomy and will become drizzly today.  We are very busy this week, our Freshman, has 4 basketball games.  You would think keeping busy would help this month fly by...well, that hasn't happened. 

I know, it has to do with the "let down" of the holidays.  We had such a fantastic time this past holiday season.  I really didn't want it end.  As the saying goes...."all good things must come to an end".  Back to the dull drum of the January life.  I know it is coming every year, that doesn't make it any easier.  The let down, the cold, the just plain boring life of January.  I try to read good books, watch interesting TV, keep busy...nothing seems to help. 

We have had unseasonably warm temperatures this year.  I have even taken the dogs for several walks, which rarely happens this time year in the Heartland. 

Here is to another 15 days of this month!  Let it "fly" by!

No comments:

Post a Comment